Re: default variables

"Jeremy C. Reed" <reed%reedmedia.net@localhost> escribió:
Some are defined in other files under pkgsrc/mk and also defined in
specific package Makefiles. Also some things are set in your bmake's mk
files (like in /usr/pkg/share/mk/*).

You can see settings usually like:

make show-var VARNAME=MAKE_PROGRAM

If you have a specific package and variables you need help with, please
let us know.

with the geant4 package I'm trying to port there are lots of environment variables that define the building and installing processes, for example:
G4BIN: where the compiled binaries are installed.
G4LIB: where the compiled libraries are installed.
G4SYSTEM: defines the OS and C++ compiler.
.
.
.
LOTS MORE.

how exactly I should handle this variables (note that there is no configure stage). I tought to define them using something like:

G4BIN=${LOCALBASE}/bin
etc.

but it doesn't look right to me; is there a better way to pass this variables?
(sorry for the dumb question, but I did not find the answer on the pkgsrc guide)

Hugo

Correo Yahoo!