Re: pkgsrc-wip NetBSD 3.99.23/i386 bulk build results 20060805.0046

On Thu, 10 Aug 2006, Aleksey Cheusov wrote:

>> pkgsrc bulk build results
>> NetBSD 3.99.23/i386
>
>> wip/xxkb                           cheusov%tut.by@localhost
> I cannot reproduce this
>
> => Checking file-check results for xxkb-1.10
> ERROR: ************************************************************
> ERROR: The following files are in /usr/pkg but not in the PLIST:
> ERROR:         /usr/pkg/man/cat1/xxkb.0
> *** Error code 1
>
> under NetBSD-3 pkgsrc-2006Q2.
> What files should be listed in PLIST? man/? cat/? Or both?

Both the man? and cat? files should be listed for packages that
install both.

So the question is why you cannot reproduce this. I can see three
reasons (although I have not looked at this package...):
1. You have not enabled the file checks.  Enable this by setting
      PKG_DEVELOPER=yes
    in your /etc/mk.conf
2. You already had an old /usr/pkg/man/cat1/xxkb.0 so that the check
    did not see that it was added.
3. The package installs man/cat1/xxkb.0 only if some configure test
    finds some special prerequisite.  You can in this case ensure that
    it always is found (by adding the prerequisite to the dependencies),
    or always disable the installing by passing parameters to the
    configuration script (or patching the Makefiles...)

    /Krister