Re: problem with <fnmatch.h> from heimdal

Johnny Lam <jlam%pkgsrc.org@localhost> writes:

> Ondřej Tůma wrote:
>> hi, i prepare gnome-commander for pkgsrc but:
>> i have problem with %subj%. By depends, heimdal libs and headers is
>> use to build. So problem is, that heimdal have fnmatch.h header file,
>> witch is the same name as header file in system. I don't know, how is
>> in nebsd or others systems (i do it in linux), but google says that
>> netbsd have own fnmatch.h too. So in system fnmatch.h is definition
>> of some macros like FNM_CASEFOLD etc., but in heimdal fnmatch.h file
>> not.
>> Question is, it there another cleaner way, to use system fnmatch.h
>> building packages, without hacks, or patches of sources or deleting
>> heimdal header file ? Because in source file is #include <fnmatch.h>
>> and compiler gets this file from
>> ./work/.buildlink/include/krb5/fnmatch.h instead of
>> /usr/include/fnmatch.h, witch is default by compiler.
>
> I think GNOME commander is not doing the right thing by passing
> -I/usr/include/krb5 to the compiler to get the Heimdal krb5.h
> header. For Heimdal it should include <krb5/krb5.h>, while for
> MIT-krb5 it should include <krb5.h>.  There should be a configure
> script check for one or the other, and the C source file should be
> doing:

Lets say I'm not happy having Heimdal with installing its own fnmatch.h,
that might change with next major.

Also, Heimdal currently installs krb5.h into <krb5.h>, its just NetBSD that
does that diffrently.

But it might change, installing all the all other kerberos headers
(autogenerated and others) seems sensable to install into <krb5/...>...

Love