Re: postoffice

On Tue, Apr 18, 2006 at 02:16:04PM +0200, Pierre-Philipp Braun wrote:
> I'm trying to make a package for postoffice, but the author uses it's
> own configure script: configure.sh.  I guess that's the reason why I
> get,
>
> root@mx:wip/postoffice# make
> ===> Checking for vulnerabilities in postoffice-1.3.pre3
> ===> Overriding tools for postoffice-1.3.pre3
> ===> Creating toolchain wrappers for postoffice-1.3.pre3
> ===> Configuring for postoffice-1.3.pre3
> ===> Building for postoffice-1.3.pre3
> make: cannot open Makefile.
>
> [...]
>
> how to get around this ?
> some help would be appreciated.
> I'm new to pkgscr developpement.

see the section 14.11 of the pkgsrc guide:

 14.11. The configure phase

 Most pieces of software need information on the header files, system calls, and
 library routines which are available on the platform they run on. The process
 of determining this information is known as configuration, and is usually
 automated. In most cases, a script is supplied with the distfiles, and its
 invocation results in generation of header files, Makefiles, etc.

 If the package contains a configure script, this can be invoked by setting
 HAS_CONFIGURE to "yes". If the configure script is a GNU autoconf script, you
 should set GNU_CONFIGURE to "yes" instead. What happens in the configure phase
 is roughly:

     .for d in ${CONFIGURE_DIRS}
             cd ${WRKSRC} && cd ${d} && env ${CONFIGURE_ENV} \
                 ${CONFIGURE_SCRIPT} ${CONFIGURE_ARGS}
     .endfor

 CONFIGURE_DIRS (default: ".") is a list of pathnames relative to WRKSRC. In
 each of these directories, the configure script is run with the environment
 CONFIGURE_ENV and arguments CONFIGURE_ARGS. The variables CONFIGURE_ENV,
 CONFIGURE_SCRIPT (default: "./configure") and CONFIGURE_ARGS may all be changed
 by the package.

so your case you need to set HAS_CONFIGURE and define CONFIGURE_SCRIPT.
HTH,

regards,

--
-- Lubomir Sedlacik <salo@{NetBSD,Xtrmntr,silcnet}.org>   --