Re: CVS commit: wip/lzs-lkm

On Wed, Feb 22, 2006 at 09:11:37PM +0000, Iain Hibbert wrote:
> On Wed, 22 Feb 2006, Dieter Baron wrote:
>
> > In article <E1FApDD-0004LA-Ks%sc8-pr-cvs1.sourceforge.net@localhost> Iain
> > wrote:
> > : Add PKG_OPTIONS handle kernel compatibility issues for
> >
> > + PKG_OPTIONS_VAR=        PKG_OPTIONS.lkm
> >
> >   Please use PKG_OPTIONS.lzs-lkm.  PKG_OPTIONS_VAR should be
> > package-specific.
> >
> >   Prefixing the option names with lkm is fine, since they should
> > probably apply to all LKMs.
>
> Ok..
>
> though I feel that using PKG_OPTIONS.lzs-lkm has no relevance. If you need
> to compile one LKM package with -DDIAGNOSTIC then you need to to compile
> them all that way..

Well, there should be a way to have those options set globally for all
LKM packages.  But of course you can't rule out the possibility that
LKMs might have options of their own, so the variable name has to stay
specific.  I don't see an immediate solution to that.

--
Quentin Garnier - cube%cubidou.net@localhost - cube%NetBSD.org@localhost