Re: gnustep packages

kaffe wrote:
Hey all,

I'm new here. My goal would be to help adding packages that are missing from the pkgsrc and which I think are useful as well as helping to update some of the existing ones which are out-of-date. My primary interest are GNUstep packages and motif related ones too. Although I am a long-time developer and NetBSD user, I never coded for pkgsrc, so some help will be appreciated.

My first attempt will be for a self-contained GNUstep application, PRICE. This should be the easiest thing and I can have other already packaged. I have now laid out a first draft of a DESCR and a Makefile. How do I generate the PLIST? for gnustep apps it would be tedious doing it by hand. Also is there a tool for crating a digest and other stuff needed?

It seems you haven't yet read the pkgsrc developer's guide. It's available from:

    http://www.netbsd.org/Documentation/pkgsrc/developers-guide.html

If you don't understand anything in it, ask here.

You should also try the pkgtools/url2pkg package, which helps in creating packages from just a single URL.

And what about the RCS id's? that's a new thing to me.

The RCS Id help to identify different versions of a file, mostly for tracking bugs. If you are unsure, just run pkglint on your package. It will complain loudly if anything's missing. And if you don't understand pkglint's warnings, ask here.

Roland