Re: supertux won't start without --disable-sound

On Fri, Dec 09, 2005 at 12:32:08AM +0100, Hernani Marques Madeira wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 08, 2005 at 08:37:34PM +0100, Geert Hendrickx wrote:
>
> > > /usr/pkg/share/supertux/music/SALCON.MOD: Fasttracker II module sound data
> >
> > supertux --disable-sound seems to work fine though.  Anyone else having the
> > same problem, or is it a problem with my particular setup?
>
> No, it's not your fault, it's stated in the TODO file, that the problem
> exists.
>
> Does someone see to what it's due?

There is a similar issue on netbsd for all packages using SDL_mixer,
like games/frozen-bubble and games/neverball (though they do not really
fail, hey just do not play the midi files).

It looks like it is related to the way SDL_mixer embeds it's own mikmod
version, but i haven't really investigated that case.

Best regards,
antoine