Re: xmms2 buildlink3.mk file and the options framework

On Sun, Sep 18, 2005 at 09:30:35PM +0000, Leonard Schmidt wrote:
> I packaged gxmms2 which needs header files from XMMS2, so a buildlink3.mk
> file is necessary for the xmms2 package.  My problem is that I do not know
> what dependencies to include in the buildlink3.mk file.

Usually, you include the packages that are needed when linking
against the libraries the package provides. One way of finding
out, which buildlink3.mk files you should include, is to run ldd
on the libraries a package installs.

Please note that this won't work if a package dlopen()s another
library (not many do that) instead of linking against it.

> I get "No valid Python version" when I build gxmms2 without xmms2
> being installed (so the buildlink3.mk of xmms2 is used).

Why do you think that this is directly related?
Did you include the appropriate python mk file(s)?
 Thomas