Are streamripper/patches/patch-a{a,d} still needed?

Hello,

I am in the process of updating streamripper from version 1.60 to
1.61.9. Did those patches ever work? Version 1.60 from wip does not
build (NetBSD/i386 2.0.2), but using sys/sem.h instead of semaphore.h
with 1.61.9 causes the build to fail. Did I misunderstood the way
the patches work? If not, I would like to replace the current version
with a working one.

-- Leonard