procedure for checkins to pkgsrc

On Fri, 3 Jun 2005, Thomas Klausner wrote:

On Wed, Jun 01, 2005 at 09:08:45PM -0400, Andreas Wrede wrote:
Now that the package has been reviewed (thanks Hauke and Dieter!),
what it the procedure for getting it checked into pkgsrc?

There is no real procedure -- you have to find a developer
to commit it. I'm currently not quite sure how to improve this
part, but it needs improving :(

Hi,
I noticed this a while ago and it passed quietly so I thought I'd try a kickstart.

How many developers with commit access to pkgsrc are active with pkgsrc-wip? How many devlopers on pkgsrc are there, and what are they doing? Do they mostly just work on their own thing? I do not read tech-pkg%netbsd.org@localhost, but have experience of trying to get a package accepted via send-pr (it languished, for a year, until I found pkgsrc-wip)

Could there be an semi-automated procedure to make this work, and what would be possible or acceptable? It seems to me, that opening up the pkgsrc creation process may be a good thing, but also need people in the system who were happy to be administrators/evaluators - are these people available?

iain