fox toolkit

the fox toolkit in pkgsrc is horribly out of date it seems. x11/fox is at version 1.0. wip/fox is at version 1.2. The current stable release is at version 1.4 and devel is 1.5. It seems that many applications are written that require older versions of the fox toolkit. I have an app I'd like to package up that requires 1.4. So I need to package up the new version but I don't think I should over-write the existing version. Perhaps we should do something like this...

create 4 packages:
fox10           1.0.x
fox12           1.2.x
fox             1.4.x
fox-devel       1.5.x

similar to other packages that have multiple versions in pkgsrc. Does this sound about right? It seems to me that x11/fox is so old that something is going to have to be done about it. Someone with more know-how let me know. If it is a good idea I will repost the topic to the pkgsrc guys.

Thanks guys.

-d