Re: CATEGORIES=wip?

On Sun, 2005-03-27 at 23:17 +0200, Georg Schwarz wrote:
> Is CATEGORIES=wip
> a) mandatory
> b) a good idea
> or
> c) a bad idea
>
> for packages which are part of WIP?

I'm not sure.  Listing wip is probably a good idea.  But wip alone is
useless.  I.e., the package should list wip first, then any other
relevant categories (and most important, the category in which the
package should be finally placed).

I think something like could be best:

CATEGORIES=     wip <final category> <extra categories>

So that, assuming a media player for GNOME, you'd do:

CATEGORIES=     wip multimedia gnome

This way, when a developer wants to import the package, he can quickly
see where to place it (i.e., the second category).  (I hit this
situation yesterday, as one package just said "wip" and I wasn't sure
where to put it.)

--
Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv84%gmail.com@localhost>
http://www.livejournal.com/users/jmmv/