gdal, openscenegraph

Hi,

I've had the need to create a package for OpenSceneGraph, which itselfs
seems to require gdal.  I picked up gdal from pkgsrc-wip with minor
modifications, then used that to build OpenSceneGraph.

The pkgsrc files can be found at
http://www.cs.stevens.edu/~jschauma/netbsd/openscenegraph+gdal.tar.gz

For OpenSceneGraph, the package probably still needs a fair bit of work
before it should be imported, in particular work for other platforms.

One way of dealing with all the platforms we support might be to create
a 'pkgsrc' category instead of checking for all the different OPSYSs in
'Make/makedefs'.

I'm posting this here to see if somebody else has time to work on this
-- at the moment, my time's sparse, but OpenSceneGraph seems like a
decent enough application to get into pkgsrc soon.

On the other hand, I could just import these two packages as they are
and then we can fix other platforms as the need arises or as we go
along... ?

I'm not on the wip lists, nor do I have a wip-account.  If somebody
wants to just take my modifications to gdal and the new openscenegrap
package and put them into wip, please feel free to do so.

-Jan

--
'I have reached an age where my main purpose is not to receive
messages.' --- Umberto Eco, quoted in the New Yorker