[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Old Index]
CVS commit: wip/ruby-passenger
Module name: wip
Committed by: fhajny
Date: Wed Oct 29 12:59:17 UTC 2014
wip/ruby-passenger: Makefile Makefile.common PLIST TODO distinfo
Update Passenger to 4.0.53.
Remove vulnerability refences from TODO (none of which applied).
Changelog from 4.0.42 follows...
* Upgraded the preferred Nginx version to 1.6.2.
* Improved RVM gemset autodetection.
* Fixed some Ruby 2.2 compatibility issues.
* Fixed a null termination bug when autodetecting application types.
* Node.js apps can now also trigger the inverse port binding mechanism by
passing `'/passenger'` as argument. This was introduced in order to be able
to support the Hapi.js framework.
* It is now possible to abort Node.js WebSocket connections upon application
* Passenger Standalone no longer automatically resolves symlinks in its paths.
* `passenger-config system-metrics` no longer crashes when the system clock
is set to a time in the past.
* `passenger-status`, `passenger-memory-stats`,
`passenger-install-apache2-module` and `passenger-install-nginx-module`
no longer output ANSI color codes by default when STDOUT is not a TTY.
* `passenger-install-nginx-module --auto` is now all that's necessary
to make it fully non-interactive. It is no longer necessary to provide all
the answers through command line parameters.
* Minor contribution by Alessandro Lenzen.
* Fixed a potential heap corruption bug.
* Added Union Station support for Rails 4.1.
* Upgraded the preferred Nginx version to 1.6.1.
* Fixed a crash that may be triggered by the `passenger_max_requests`
* Introduced the `spawn_failed` hook, which is called when an application
process fails to spawn. You could use this hook to setup an error
* Fonts, RSS and XML are now gzip-compressed by default in Phusion Passenger
Standalone. Thanks to Jacob Elder.
* Fixed some user and group information lookup issues.
* Fixed some request handling crashes.
* Fixed some compilation problems on Gentoo.
* Fixed some compilation problems on Solaris
* Fixed a race condition while determining what user an application should
be executed as. This bug could lead to applications being run as the wrong
* [Standalone] Improved autodetection of Rails asset pipeline files. This
prevents Standalone from incorrectly setting caching headers on non-asset
* Fixed compilation problems on CentOS 5.
* Fixed compilation problems on OpenBSD.
* Fixed compatibility with Ruby 1.8.5.
* [Enterprise] Fixed a bug in Flying Passenger's `--max-preloader-idle-time`
* Further improved Node.js and Socket.io compatibility.
* Sticky session cookies have been made more reliable.
* Fixed WebSocket upgrade issues on Firefox.
* The Python application loader now inserts the application root
The fact that this was not done previously caused a lot of confusion amongst
Python users, who wondered why their `passenger_wsgi.py` could not import any
modules from the same directory.
* Fixed a compatibility problem with Django, which could cause Django apps to
* Logging of application spawning errors has been much improved. Full details
about the error, such as environment variables, are saved to a private
In the past, these details were only viewable in the browser. This change
also fixes a bug on Phusion Passenger Enterprise, where enabling Deployment
Error Resistance causes error messages to get lost.
* Fixed a regression in Node.js support. When a Node.js app is deployed on
a HTTPS host, the `X-Forwarded-Proto` header wasn't set in 4.0.45.
* Passenger Standalone no longer, by default, loads shell startup files
before loading the application. This is because Passenger Standalone is
often invoked from the shell anyway. Indeed, loading shell startup files
again can interfere with any environment variables already set in the
invoking shell. You can still tell Passenger Standalone to load shell
startup files by passing `--load-shell-envvars`. Passenger for Apache and
Passenger for Nginx still load shell startup files by default.
* Passenger Standalone now works properly when the HOME environment variable
* Passenger Standalone's `package-runtime` command has been removed. It has
been broken for a while and has nowadays been obsolete by our automatic
binary generation system.
* The `passenger_startup_file` option now also works on Python apps.
* If you are a Union Station customer, then Phusion Passenger will now also
log application spawning errors to Union Station. This data isn't shown in
the Union Station interface yet, but it will be implemented in the future.
* Fixed compilation problems on OmniOS and OpenIndiana.
* Fixed compilation problems when Nginx is configured with OpenResty.
Thanks to Yichun Zhang.
* Fixed Nginx HTTP POST failures on ARM platforms. Thanks to nocelic for
* Documentation contributions by Tim Bishop and Tugdual de Kerviler.
* Minor Nginx bug fix by Feng Gu.
* Major improvements in Node.js and Meteor compatibility. Older Phusion
Passenger versions implemented Node.js support by emulating Node.js' HTTP
library. This approach was found to be unsustainable, so we've abandoned
that approach and replaced it with a much simpler approach that does not
involve emulating the HTTP library.
* Introduced support for sticky sessions. Sticky sessions are useful -- or
even required -- for apps that store state inside process memory. Prominent
examples include SockJS, Socket.io, faye-websocket and Meteor. Sticky
sessions are required to make the aforementioned examples work in
multi-process scenarios. By introducing sticky sessions support, we've much
improved WebSocket support and support for the aforementioned libraries
* Due to user demand, GET requests with request bodies are once again
supported. Support for these kinds of requests was removed in 4.0.42
in an attempt to increase the strictness and robustness of our request
handling code. It has been determined that GET requests with request bodies
can be adequately supported without degrading robustness in Phusion
Passenger. However, GET requests with both request bodies and WebSocket
upgrade headers are unsupported.
* Fixed some issues with RVM mixed mode support, issue #1121.
* Fixed Passenger Standalone complaining about not finding PassengerHelperAgent
* Fixed various minor issues such as #1190 and #1197.
* The download timeout for passenger-install-nginx-module has been increased.
* The issue tracker has now been moved from Google Code to Github.
Before version 4.0.44 (May 29 2014, commit 3dd0964c9f4), all
issue numbers referred to Google Code. From now on, all issue
numbers will refer to Github Issues.
* Fixed compilation problems on OS X Lion and OS X Mountain Lion.
* On Ruby, fixed `nil` being frozen on accident in some cases.
* Introduced a new command `passenger-config list-instances`, which prints all
running Phusion Passenger instances.
* Introduced a new command `passenger-config system-metrics, which displays
metrics about the system such as the total CPU and memory usage.
* Fixed some compilation problems caused by the compiler capability
* System metrics such as total CPU usage and memory usage, are now sent to
[Union Station](https://www.unionstationapp.com) in preparation for future
To generate a diff of this commit:
cvs -z3 rdiff -u -r1.10 -r1.11 wip/ruby-passenger/Makefile.common
cvs -z3 rdiff -u -r1.2 -r1.3 wip/ruby-passenger/TODO \
cvs -z3 rdiff -u -r1.3 -r1.4 \
cvs -z3 rdiff -u -r1.6 -r1.7 wip/ruby-passenger/Makefile
cvs -z3 rdiff -u -r1.7 -r1.8 wip/ruby-passenger/distinfo
cvs -z3 rdiff -u -r1.8 -r1.9 wip/ruby-passenger/PLIST
To view a diff of this commit:
Please note that diffs are not public domain; they are subject to the
copyright notices on the relevant files.
pkgsrc-wip-cvs mailing list
Main Index |
Thread Index |