[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Old Index]
CVS commit: wip/hs-cereal
Module name: wip
Committed by: szptvlfn
Date: Sat Sep 28 01:02:27 UTC 2013
wip/hs-cereal: Makefile buildlink3.mk distinfo
Update to 0.4.0.0
- Update version number for release
* Major bump is due to new instances for types in Data.Monoid
- Merge pull request #18 from audreyt/patch-1
Unbreak cereal for GHC 7.6.3
- Merge pull request #14 from gcross/master
Instances for newtype wrappers in Data.Monoid
- Merge pull request #13 from alpmestan/master
Add -O2 to the ghc build options
- Fix a warning in ghc-7.4.1
- Add the remaining input to the Fail constructor
- Restructure runGetLazy to properly deal with the end of input
- Merge pull request #4 from meiersi/fix-remove-unnecessary-unpack
remove unnecessary UNPACK pragma
- Merge pull request #3 from meiersi/improve-encoding-performance
Improve encoding performance for lists, sequences, and trees.
- slight improvement 5% for Data.Tree encoding
- improved speed of Data.Sequence encoding
It's about a factor 1.5 faster. Thanks to using 'foldMap' instead of
'mapM' it is slightly faster than the version in 'binary-0.5.0.2'.
- improve the speed of list encoding by up to a factor of 2
It is better to traverse the list twice than to explicitly
construct a closure representing the encoding of all its elements, as this
avoids a significant amout of allocation. We gain some additional speed by
recursing over builders only instead of recursing in the 'Put' monad.
Another candidate for the first kind of optimization is
'putSeqOf' and one for the second kind of optimization is 'putTreeOf'.
- Merge pull request #2 from meiersi/fix-lazy-bytestring-length-conversion
make types explicit and avoid unnecessary roundtrip
- Warning removal
- Add check in getBytes for negative length
- Use the more efficient unsafeShiftR instead of shiftR when base >= 4.5
- Fixed compilation with recent base.
To generate a diff of this commit:
cvs -z3 rdiff -u -r1.2 -r1.3 wip/hs-cereal/Makefile \
To view a diff of this commit:
Please note that diffs are not public domain; they are subject to the
copyright notices on the relevant files.
October Webinars: Code for Performance
Free Intel webinars can help you accelerate application performance.
Explore tips for MPI, OpenMP, advanced profiling, and more. Get the most from
the latest Intel processors and coprocessors. See abstracts and register >
pkgsrc-wip-cvs mailing list
Main Index |
Thread Index |