[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Old Index]
CVS commit: wip/grub2
Module name: wip
Committed by: gregoire
Date: Thu Jul 26 11:27:24 UTC 2012
wip/grub2: MESSAGE Makefile PLIST distinfo options.mk
Upgrade to GRUB 2.00.
Changes from 1.99 to 2.00:
* Official theme for gfxmenu (starfield)
* Menu is organised with submenus.
* Better default video mode selection using EDID.
* New platforms:
* Itanium port.
* Fuloong2F support (including GRUB as firmware)
* Fuloong2E support (except GRUB as firmware)
* ARCS (SGI machines) port.
* qemu -M mips port.
* grub-mount to mount filesystems using GRUB FS drivers and FUSE.
* Changed security default so entries are locked by default if any superuser is
* New drivers:
* ESCC serial.
* IEEE1275 serial.
* EFI serial.
* Network stack for BIOS, IEEE1275, EMU and EFI, including TFTP, HTTP and DNS.
* VBE on coreboot support.
* New filesystem, filters and disks formats:
* DVH partition map.
* Plan9 partition map.
* Big-endian mdraid.
* Big-endian cpio.
* ODC and NEWC cpio.
* Big-endian minixfs.
* Support non-512B disk blocks.
* LUKS and GELI support.
* LDM read support (no install yet).
* Improved filesystem and disks formats support:
* HFS+ label support.
* Improved reiserfs support.
* multidevice, mirrored and raidz(2,3) ZFS support.
* RAID LVM (internal RAIDing) support.
* ZFS crypto support.
* ZLE and GZIP on ZFS support.
* Support ZFS up to 33.
* HFS string is now treated like mac-roman and not UTF-8
* HFS mtime support.
* Improved AFFS and SFS support.
* LZO-compressed btrfs support.
* cpio and tar symlinks support.
* Better FS detection to reduce false positives.
* New boot protocols:
* Ability to load another coreboot payload when on coreboot.
* Ntldr/bootmgr (to load Windows bootloader).
* chainloader --bpb support to patch FAT or NTFS BPB in memory to correct
wrong partition offset.
* PXE chainloading support.
* Darwin 11 (Mac OS X Lion) protocol support.
* Boot protocol improvements:
* Multiple initrd support.
* Basic illumos and xnu autoconfig.
* Testing and debugging:
* New grub-fstest commands: cat, zfsinfo, testload xnu_uuid
* grub-fstest recursive directory compare for quickly checking that
a directory is read correctly.
* Backtace on crash (if gdb module is loaded, x86 only)
* Disk cache statistics gathering.
* GDB stub and GDB support script.
* "make check" and "make bootcheck" expanded to almost all platforms
(except i386-ieee1275, mips-arc, sparc64-ieee1275, ia64-efi and emu)
* New `time' command.
* Lazy scanning to avoid accessing devices which aren't really used.
This avoids boot delay due to slow device scanning.
* Use CPU cache when accessing video memory.
* Search hints to first try the most likely device when searching for a
device with given UUID. This avoids slow scanning in most cases.
* Updated to Unicode 6.0.
* $"..." syntax for translation in grub scripting language. This allows easy
translation of grub.cfg at runtime.
* Translations to many languages included in official distribution.
* $grub_cpu and $grub_platform variables for conditioning grub.cfg on platform
* $feature_* variables to condition scripts on available features.
* Use of ids to identify menu entries.
* all_video module which is empty but depends on all video modules thus
allowing easy loading of all of them.
* grub-mknetdir script for easy creation of netbootable GRUB directory.
* Itanium and mips support in grub-mkrescue.
* grub-install support for all platforms except emu.
* PreP partition install support.
* No files conflict between flavours (except grub-mkrescue for ppc). This
allows easy install of GRUB for several platforms.
* grub-mkstandalone script for easy creating of image including all modules
for platforms with generous limit on image size.
* program-transform-name now functions according to usual conventions.
Use --grubdir and --bootdir to get old behaviour.
* ADLER32 and CRC64 support (for XZ and hashsum).
* ofconsole renamed to console
* Experimental support for compiling with Apple toolchain.
* grub-mkdevicemap removed. Now all devices are detected on invocation of
any grub utility.
To generate a diff of this commit:
cvs -z3 rdiff -u -r1.1 -r0 wip/grub2/patches/patch-pkglibdir-in-scripts.diff
cvs -z3 rdiff -u -r1.1 -r1.2 wip/grub2/files/default.conf
cvs -z3 rdiff -u -r1.13 -r1.14 wip/grub2/PLIST
cvs -z3 rdiff -u -r1.16 -r1.17 wip/grub2/distinfo
cvs -z3 rdiff -u -r1.18 -r1.19 wip/grub2/Makefile
cvs -z3 rdiff -u -r1.3 -r1.4 wip/grub2/MESSAGE
cvs -z3 rdiff -u -r1.5 -r1.6 wip/grub2/options.mk
To view a diff of this commit:
Please note that diffs are not public domain; they are subject to the
copyright notices on the relevant files.
Live Security Virtual Conference
Exclusive live event will cover all the ways today's security and
threat landscape has changed and how IT managers can respond. Discussions
will include endpoint security, mobile security and the latest in malware
pkgsrc-wip-cvs mailing list
Main Index |
Thread Index |