[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Old Index]
CVS commit: wip/remctl
Module name: wip
Committed by: jakllsch
Date: Sat May 23 15:49:21 UTC 2009
wip/remctl: Makefile buildlink3.mk distinfo
Update to remctl 2.14
remctl 2.14 (2009-05-22)
The remctld configuration file may now specify that one argument to a
command is passed on standard input instead of on the command line using
the stdin= option. This option allows passing data to commands that's too
long to fit into a command-line argument or that contains nul characters.
remctld logging of commands or arguments now replaces unprintable
characters (characters between ASCII 0 and 31 and ASCII 127) with periods
rather than assuming syslog will cope with them correctly.
Use command and subcommand as the names for the first two parameters to
the remctl client and the first two strings in a remctl command instead of
the unintuitive "type" and "service" terminology borrowed from sysctl.
This only changes documentation and some internal variable names; no
external APIs should be affected.
Declare message_fatal_cleanup extern in util.h. Fixes compilation problems
on Mac OS X and probably elsewhere.
Diagnose and explicitly reject on the server nul characters in command
arguments that don't support them rather than truncating the argument
Plug several memory leaks in the remctld server. (These would have little
practical effect unless a client stayed connected and issued multiple
The protocol now permits commands with no arguments. remctld currently
doesn't support them, but now returns ERROR_UNKNOWN_COMMAND instead of
ERROR_BAD_COMMAND when receiving one.
Add documentation on extending remctl in docs/extending.
Add initial protocol version three draft in docs/protocol-v3.
Better check logmask options when parsing the server configuration file
and report errors instead of silently ignoring them. Masking the command
is also no longer supported (it previously worked by accident).
Support building against Solaris 10's native generic GSS-API libraries.
Thanks, Peter Eriksson.
Update to rra-c-util 1.0:
* Fix open call parameters in daemon portability test.
* Fix AI_ADDRCONFIG portability on BSD/OS systems.
* Split die into a separate object to not link it in shared libraries.
* Don't break if the user clobbers CPPFLAGS at build time.
* Correctly set -L options with --with-gssapi-lib, not -I.
* Change AC_TRY_* to AC_*_IFELSE as recommended by Autoconf.
* Update portable and util test suite for C TAP Harness 1.0.
* Use native Kerberos instead of forking kinit in test suite.
Update to C TAP Harness 1.0:
* Rewrite of all test cases to use the new TAP library support.
* Much improved and simplified builddir != srcdir test suite support.
* Support running a single test with tests/runtests -o.
* Correctly handle completely skipped tests, like client/pod.
* Better reporting of fatal errors in the test suite.
To generate a diff of this commit:
cvs -z3 rdiff -u -r1.3 -r1.4 wip/remctl/Makefile wip/remctl/buildlink3.mk \
To view a diff of this commit:
Please note that diffs are not public domain; they are subject to the
copyright notices on the relevant files.
Register Now for Creativity and Technology (CaT), June 3rd, NYC. CaT
is a gathering of tech-side developers & brand creativity professionals. Meet
the minds behind Google Creative Lab, Visual Complexity, Processing, &
iPhoneDevCamp asthey present alongside digital heavyweights like Barbarian
Group, R/GA, & Big Spaceship. http://www.creativitycat.com
pkgsrc-wip-cvs mailing list
Main Index |
Thread Index |