[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Old Index]
CVS commit: wip/jamvm
Module name: wip
Committed by: poppnk
Date: Thu Aug 25 14:46:38 UTC 2005
wip/jamvm: Makefile distinfo
- Updated to be compatible with Classpath-0.17 and Classpath from
CVS (as of 28th July).
- Shutdown hooks are now ran on VM termination, either normally, or via user
interruption (i.e ctrl-C).
- Revised GC allocation failure policy
- Using a simple heuristic the GC attempts to maintain at least 25% heap
free. If it fails the heap is expanded, regardless of whether the
allocation request could be satisfied. This reduces frequent garbage
collection cycles when GC returns only a limited amount of memory.
- Revised Object finalization
- during GC a thread could deadlock waiting for finalization. This
occurred when a finalizer (running in the finalizer thread) attempted
to grab a lock the thread is holding.
- a minor bug fix where finalized objects waiting for the finalizer to
be ran could keep alive other finalized objects (if it had the only
reference to it).
- a minor bug fix where objects waiting for finalization could be lost
(i.e. finalize() method not called). This only happened when >1000
objects were outstanding.
- VMRuntime.runFinalization() implemented. This enables a thread to force
- In certain circumstances a class loader would be unmarked during GC,
enabling it to be collected. This resulted in a SEGV.
- JNI FindClass now uses the current class loader, not the first non-null on
- VMClass.getModifiers() now handles inner class attributes.
- Fix to enable build directory to be different to source directory (this was
broken in 1.3.0).
To generate a diff of this commit:
cvs -z3 rdiff -u -r18.104.22.168 -r1.2 wip/jamvm/Makefile wip/jamvm/distinfo
Please note that diffs are not public domain; they are subject to the
copyright notices on the relevant files.
SF.Net email is Sponsored by the Better Software Conference & EXPO
September 19-22, 2005 * San Francisco, CA * Development Lifecycle Practices
Agile & Plan-Driven Development * Managing Projects & Teams * Testing & QA
Security * Process Improvement & Measurement * http://www.sqe.com/bsce5sf
pkgsrc-wip-cvs mailing list
Main Index |
Thread Index |