pkgsrc-Users archive

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Old Index]

emoval proposal: lang/guile20 devel/guile[20]-slib



There are currently 3 packages that depend on guile20.  I have sent
removal proposals for 2 on their own merits, and the third is overdue
for an update which will almost certainly move it to a newer guile
version.  (There is a fourth in wip, either very out of date or
unmaintained upstream, but very likely thanks to people that use LLMs
the site is unreachable this morning.)

My impression is that everyone wanting to use guile is using 3.0 these
days, unless they have to use an older version because of some library.
And therefore that it is most likely that zero people are using guile20
from pkgsrc.

I would therefore like to remove

  lang/guile20

  devel/guile-slib (which is for 2.0; devel/guile22-slib and
    devel/guile30-slib would remain)

If you are using these from pkgsrc, please speak up.  Otherwise, I will
remove no earlier than October 13.


Home | Main Index | Thread Index | Old Index