Re: Disappearing packages from wip : what is the policy

Am 17.09.2024 um 06:27 schrieb Mayuresh:
> I agree, there would be some need of pruning wip once in a while.
>
> But how is it decided which packages to remove?

The packages I removed on 2024-09-14 had obsolete hash algorithms in
their distfile. Over the past few years, I had tried several times to
run "bmake mdi" myself in order to update the distinfo files, but that
failed due to missing upstream files. I also inspected some of the
affected packages and only saw small maintenance changes that weren't
particular to that specific package, so I was reasonably sure that I
wouldn't damage anything.

> On a few occasions the packages that I created and was actively using were
> found removed. In some of those occasions I recreated them.

Can you give some specific examples?

> Is there any way to mark active use of it to protect it from the pruning
> process?

There is no officially defined pruning process, so without knowing
specific examples, I'm not sure how to protect your packages.

Roland