Re: unable to find gnutls in configure script run

Thomas Klausner <wiz%gatalith.at@localhost> writes:

> On Mon, Sep 16, 2024 at 11:44:03AM +0000, Van Ly wrote:
>>
>> Thomas Klausner <wiz%gatalith.at@localhost> writes:
>>
>> > On Sun, Sep 15, 2024 at 04:58:50PM +0000, Van Ly wrote:
>>
>> My /usr/pkgsrc checkout is tagged pkgsrc-2024Q2 and doesn't have lang/gcc14-libjit .
>
> You'll need pkgsrc-current, or replace gcc14-libjit with gcc13-libjit
> in /usr/pkgsrc/wip/emacs-git/options.mk

Will I avoid the gtk* crash problem in tmux/emacsclient using xaw in the following?

options.mk:17 #  --with-x-toolkit=KIT    use an X toolkit (KIT one of:yes or gtk2,
options.mk:18 #                          gtk3, xaw, no)
options.mk:19 # gtk in next line implies gtk2, xaw
options.mk:20 PKG_OPTIONS_GROUP.toolkit=       gtk gtk2 gtk3 xaw

>> If the following are uncommented in /etc/mk.conf when building
>> wip/btop-git will the dependencies install from a binary package ? I
>> want to avoid building dependencies.
>
> To install dependencies from binary packages, use 'make DEPENDS_TARGET=bin-install install-depends'

Thanks. I haven't tried the setting but have managed to build my first
wip package, see attached build log, strangely it wants elevated
privilege, the su fails, the doas make goes to the finish line.

>> At the moment I am unable to build btop-git and don't know if changing
>> LOCALBASE or DESTDIR to /usr/local in the past may have broken the following
>
> If you change LOCALBASE, you can't use the official binary packages.
>
> When you switch LOCALBASE, you should delete your local binary
> packages, if any, since LOCALBASE is hardcoded in them.

I found a directory /usr/local/pkgdb, see attached, is there a way to
use that information to remove packages under /usr/local ?

I suspect my /usr/local and /usr/pkg will have been polluted by
dependencies that were being built and I abandoned because it was taking
too long.

>>   1 $ make
>>   2 => Bootstrap dependency digest>=20211023: NOT found
>>   3 => Verifying reinstall for ../../pkgtools/digest
>>   4 ===> Checking for vulnerabilities in digest-20220214
>>   5 ===> Installing for digest-20220214
>>   6 => Generating pre-install file lists
>>   7 install: /usr/pkgsrc/pkgtools/digest/work/.destdir/usr/pkg: chown/chmod: Operation not permitted
>>   8 /bin/sh ./mkinstalldirs /usr/pkgsrc/pkgtools/digest/work/.destdir/usr/local/bin
>>   9 /usr/bin/install -c -s -o root -g wheel -m 755 digest /usr/pkgsrc/pkgtools/digest/work/.destdir/usr/local/bin/digest
>>  10 install: /usr/pkgsrc/pkgtools/digest/work/.destdir/usr/local/bin/digest: chown/chgrp: Operation not permitted
>>  11 *** Error code 1
>
> It looks like you tried building 'digest' as a different user before?

The build process prompts for su elevated privilege, see attached.

vl