Re: devel/glib2 and devel/gobject-introspection

On Tuesday, April 9th, 2024 at 10:24 PM, Thomas Klausner <wiz%gatalith.at@localhost> wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 09, 2024 at 07:09:37PM +0000, pin wrote:
>
> > Trying to update devel/glib2 and I'm hitting some sort of circular dependency.
> >
> > When, I try building devel/glib2 I get:
> >
> > Run-time dependency gobject-introspection-1.0 found: NO (tried pkgconfig)
> >
> > girepository/introspection/meson.build:43:17: ERROR: Dependency "gobject-introspection-1.0" not found, tried pkgconfig

[...]

> > But, I can't update devel/gobject-introspection because
> > => Full dependency glib2>=2.79: NOT found

> This only happens when you have gobject-introspection installed when
> building glib2.
>
> I've just turned the detection off manually in glib2, please update.
> Thomas

Thanks!

To me this brings two questions:

1) What should be the standard? Building from scratch is not affected, so it won't be seen on bulk-builds.
But anyone with these installed and running pkg_rr will hit this.

2) A few days ago, I also run into this http://mail-index.netbsd.org/pkgsrc-users/2024/04/08/msg039329.html
Since I needed to update firefox as well and, thet's the only gtk3 dependent package I have installed, the solution was obvious.
Just removed both removed and rebuild.

In other words, question 1)

Thanks,
Pedro