Re: emacs missing module support

On Fri, 1 Mar 2024 at 09:52, Greg Troxel <gdt%lexort.com@localhost> wrote:
"J. Lewis Muir" <jlmuir%imca-cat.org@localhost> writes:

> I don't use emacs, but that comment for emacs-nox11 certainly goes
> against POLA to me: when I see "nox11", to me that means "does not
> require X11 to run," not "minimal."

Yesh, but "no X" and "no bloat" are kind of the same thing.   I see it
as "I want emacs on my headless server because I need it to edit config
files, adn I want as little goop as possible".   Rewmoving X toolkits is
99% of that goop.

Not really - to me, "nox11" means terminal interface. Says nothing about modular support or other features.

Sounds like it's time for "nox11" to grow modular support, and a "minimal" package to provide what the current "nox11" package is.

(Not an emacs user, but occasionally build these things)

Best,
Alistair