Re: audio/flite: remove flush in play_wave()

On Wed, 21 Feb 2024, adr wrote:

I'll post to the list when I've some time to make other tests.

I knew it!

The new code (eflite) doesn't cancel the wave thread:

fs.c:
[...]
#ifdef DO_WAVE_CANCEL
-   pthread_cancel(wave_thread);
#endif
[...]

And look at that shiny "-" at the start of the line...

I removed the block and the "-" and recompiled flite. Your old
version of yasr works like a charm (it seems) now with the latest
eflite+flite.

I will test it more, make a package of eflite and start experimenting with
the last yasr at:

https://github.com/mgorse/yasr

Once the port of eflite is polished I'll contact upstream with the
patches.

adr