Re: rust not linking on Linux

Am Thu, 8 Feb 2024 18:44:26 +0000
schrieb Chavdar Ivanov <ci4ic4%gmail.com@localhost>:

> I just managed to build wip/rust175 under

I can confirm that that builds fine under Linux/x86-64. So if that
version is imported, I can be happy … apart from that I'm not getting back
the hours of my life fretting over rust not linking …

> Compiling iana-time-zone v0.1.58
> rustc: /usr/pkg/lib/libz.so.1: no version information available
> (required by /usr/pkg/lib/librustc_driver-44b7bf2d66aa822f.so)
> rustc: /usr/pkg/lib/libz.so.1: no version information available
> (required by /usr/pkg/lib/librustc_driver-44b7bf2d66aa822f.so)
>
> but after 'bmake replace' in devel/zlib (while the build was running
> at the time) these messages stopped and everything seems ok.

Nice that you confirm my addition of the zlib.map with the version
information being a good thing for Linux;-)

Alrighty then,

Thomas

--
Dr. Thomas Orgis