wip/llvm etc. usage

Hi,

I found myself in a bit of a predicament on one of my NetBSD-current
boxes. I was almost daily building (off pkgsrc) the github version of
lang/zig; for this I used to have off-tree llvm-17.0.1 etc. Having
seen that 17.0.6 was in wip, I switched to it, building llvm, clang
and lld from wip. Zig is fine, but when I tried to subsequently
rebuild the rest of the packages, it seems anything that uses llvm
requires the current pkgsec version, which is 16.0.6. I couldn't find
a knob in pkgsrc/mk to define the llvm version to use or to attempt
using the installed version (I tried with HAVE_LLVM=1 in mk.conf, but
that led firefox 122 to attempt installing gcc8 and then gcc6, whereas
I already had gcc12 available). I understand this is far from the way
pkgsrc is supposed to be used, but still if the latest versions are
available in wip, we should be able to test them with whatever is
using them...)

Chavdar

--
----