Re: mk.conf and building probs

Am 31.01.2024 um 16:27 schrieb Todd Gruhn:
> At the end of /etc/mk.conf I added this to make X11
> with pkg-source:
>

> NO_CHECKSUM=    yes

Eeek, this looks wrong. Why did you need to disable the checksums for
the downloaded distfiles? Skipping the checksums should never be needed,
as it allows upstream distfile repositories to send you modified files.

> X11_TYPE=       modular

This looks fine, but to get a consistent collection of packages, you
need to rebuild all packages after making such a wide-ranging change.

> Can this mess up builds of other programs?

Yes, it can, as the dependencies of some packages will change.

> should I rebuild modular-xorg?

Yes. If you are curious about the actual changes, you can make a backup
of your existing binary packages, then rebuild the packages and compare
them. In the +BUILD_INFO files, I expect changes in the dependency lines.

Roland