Re: Updating mbrola (again)

	Hello.  Those of us with vision impairments, I am totally blind, are not completely left
out of NetBSD.  I've been an official NetBSD developer since 2011 and have been using NetBSD
since it emerged from 386BSD in 1993.

	I use a screen reader called yasr, along with a build of eflite, which uses flite as its
speech synthesizer in conjunction with Yasr.  Yasr was written by a gentleman named Mike Gorse,
who is also totally blind.

	I've used NetBSD on I386, AMD64, RPI and Sparc systems, as well as in the cloud and in the
Xen virtual environment.

	As far as nonvisual usability, the challenge I've not yet worked out is how to get Orca
working with Firefox on the X environment under NetBSD.  I think this has mostly been due to a
lack of time on my part, but if anyone wants to help with this process, I'd be greatful.  Orca
is in the pkgsrc tree, and it compiles, and my issues have mostly been the same as for every
one else, that is, geting X to work reliably with the graphics cards and monitors I have
available, as well as just getting the X keyboard to do what I expect with the keys I want.

	If anyone wants to write with questions off list, I'm happy to correspond and offer my
perspective, for what it's worth.  Or, we can do it on list, if folks dont find it too
distracting.

	And, for the record, this e-mail was written using Yasr, the window(1) utility, mush (mail
user shell) and vi.

-thanks
-Brian