Re: firefox on i386?

My problem, over the last several pkgsrc quarterly branches (years),
has been that I cannot even _build_ firefox for i386 due to rust failing
with a complaint about "failed to allocate a guard page: File too large
(os error 27)".

My build host is amd64 hardware running an i386 release build with a
PAE-enabled kernel (12G RAM).  Most packages have WRKOBJDIR in tmpfs
"/tmp", but all of the firefoxen and a few others have WRKOBJDIR
on physical disk.  The failure still happens with "/tmp" mostly
empty while building firefox.

I'll try to get the failure message when I update i386 packages for
2023Q4 but I've seen at least one example of it posted recently in this
thread started by wiz@:

  https://mail-index.netbsd.org/tech-pkg/2023/11/16/msg028449.html

|\ / jdbaker[snail]consolidated[flyspeck]net  OpenBSD            FreeBSD