Re: ruby-nokogiri build problem: ar doesn't accept file

>                                              Re: ruby-nokogiri build problem: ar doesn't accept file
>
>   From: Thomas Klausner <wiz%gatalith.at@localhost>
>   Reply to: Thomas Klausner
>   Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2023 12:29:33 +0100
>   Newsgroups:
>          gmane.os.netbsd.devel.pkgsrc.user
>   Followup to: newsgroup
>
> Will that break older binutils?
>  Thomas

Shouldn't think so. That `l' modifier was always ignored (as far as I know)
in binutils, until 2.36 where (from the NEWS file):

```
Changes in 2.36:

* The ar tool's previously unused l modifier is now used for specifying
  dependencies of a static library. The arguments of this option
  (or --record-libdeps long form option) will be stored verbatim in the
  __.LIBDEP member of the archive, which the linker may read at link time.
```

-RVP