Re: +CONTENTS issue with lang/perl5 update

On Tue, 12 Dec 2023 at 00:37, Chavdar Ivanov <ci4ic4%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:

> On Mon, 11 Dec 2023 at 22:55, Greg Troxel <gdt%lexort.com@localhost> wrote:
> >
> > Chavdar Ivanov <ci4ic4%gmail.com@localhost> writes:
> >
> > > To chip in, my present pkg_rr fails as well in several packages
> > > showing similar gssapi errorw, namely samba4:
> >
> > As always, I ask that people separate "pkg_rr problems" from "make
> > replace" problems.  All pkg_rr does is run make replace in what is
> > believed to be the correct order.  If the order is correct, and the make
> > replace fails, it's not a pkg_rr problem.  If the order is wrong, or
> > things are mishandled (like multiversion packages), then it is.
> >
> > > [1936/3885] Compiling source3/librpc/crypto/gse.c
> > > In file included from
> > > ../../third_party/heimdal/lib/gssapi/gssapi/gssapi_spnego.h:39,
> > >                  from ../../lib/replace/system/gssapi.h:47,
> > >                  from ../../lib/krb5_wrap/gss_samba.h:27,
> > >                  from ../../auth/kerberos/pac_utils.h:27,
> > >                  from ../../source3/librpc/crypto/gse.c:38:
> > > ../../third_party/heimdal/lib/gssapi/gssapi/gssapi.h:94:40: error:
> > > conflicting types for 'gss_name_t'
> > >    94 | typedef struct gss_name_t_desc_struct *gss_name_t;

Weird, but that's what happened with this system. It turned out I had
compat80 and compat90 installed, the links they place in /lib and
/usr/lib were screwing the samba build.

I don't remember why I had installed them perhaps a year ago; nothing
was depending on them.

Just FYI.

--
----