Re: go 121 on aarch64 -current

On Fri, 8 Dec 2023 at 00:46, Tobias Nygren <tnn%netbsd.org@localhost> wrote:

> On Thu, 7 Dec 2023 22:59:07 +0000
> Chavdar Ivanov <ci4ic4%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:
>
> > #  /usr/pkg/go121/bin/go version
> > go: cannot find GOROOT directory: 'go' binary is trimmed and GOROOT is not set
>
> The problem is likely that /proc is not mounted on your aarch64 system.
> Go 1.21 changed something related to os.Executable() which is used to resolve
> GOROOT but I don't know the specifics of the change.

Spot on, I had /proc and /kern in /etc/fstab, but, for some reason,
with noauto. The system is an aarch64 vm running on Oracle OCI,
installed by dd-ing a live system over the attached boot volume, so it
had come from build.sh.
# df
Filesystem     512-blocks         Used        Avail %Cap Mounted on
/dev/dk1         95869460     89872712      1203276  98% /
ptyfs                   2            2            0 100% /dev/pts
tmpfs             6278080         2072      6276008   0% /var/shm
# go version
go: cannot find GOROOT directory: 'go' binary is trimmed and GOROOT is not set
# mount /proc
# go version
go version go1.21.5 netbsd/arm64

Thanks,

Chavdar

BTW, tnn@ for some reason always falls in my gmail spam folder; I
wonder what on Earth is causing this, as I also have a couple of
accounts that land in other people's spam folders... Oh, the vagaries
of mail setup - it's been some 8-9 years since I stopped maintaining a
couple of mail servers and, franly, wouldn't want to go back there...

--
----