Re: pkgsrc on Fedora Linux?

On Wed, 6 Dec 2023 at 22:34:56 +0100, Tobias Nygren wrote:
On Wed, 6 Dec 2023 21:48:23 +0100
Alexander Schreiber <als%thangorodrim.ch@localhost> wrote:

Long story short: Is anyone using pkgsrc on current Fedora Linux and
has a list of workarounds for known breakage? Otherwise the "try to make
glusterfs build on Fedora Linux" project will stall out early ..

I do use F39 with pkgsrc in unprivileged mode on my work laptop. I have
a few uncommitted fixes here and there (mostly PLIST fixes and stuff to
make Xorg from pkgsrc work). I do have PREFER_PKGSRC=yes and both
ncurses and db4 from pkgsrc installed with no local workarounds in
those packages.

One addition I have in mk.conf that could be relevant is:

TOOLS_PLATFORM.gmake=/tnn/pkg/bin/gmake
TOOLS_PLATFORM.awk=/tnn/pkg/bin/nawk

Same for me (mostly); with an unprivileged F39 setup, ncurses and db4
both build fine for me. (I don't have those overrides applied, nor do
I have PREFER_PKGSRC set, casually on purpose.)

I'd closed PR 56843 as I didn't get any useful feedback about it. I'll
reopen it.

Regards,

Dave