Python NIS module on Linux ... possible PLIST failure / would anyone miss it?

Hi all,

devel/python311 checks for libnsl (and libtirpc) via pkg-config and
then enables the build of the NIS module, which is noted in PLIST.

This separate libnsl exists on modern glibc-based (Linux) systems.
Without extra care, the build within pkgsrc would not find it.

We're faced with the question of investing work in making it available
through the build isolation or just declare that nobody would miss the
NIS Python module.

Is there anyone here who knows what it actually does and needs its
functionality? If we do nothing (even simplify the Makefile a bit), the
nis.so module won't be build. Right now that results in a PLIST error.

So either we invest work to get the module or just declare that pkgsrc
python can live well without. Opinions?

Alrighty then,

Thomas

--