Re: circular dependencies

Am 16.11.23 um 12:10 schrieb Jonathan Perkin:
* On 2023-11-16 at 10:03 GMT, Ede Wolf wrote:

* On 2023-11-16 at 09:25 GMT, Ede Wolf wrote:

===> Installing dependencies for mktools-20220614
=> Tool dependency mktools-[0-9]*: NOT found

This logically should not be possible.

Is your checkout corrupt in some way, or you've set some things in mk.conf that are affecting these negatively?

Thanks, that was it. You made me remember, that I had set both:

WRKDIR and WRKOBJDIR

to different directories, because I am not able to comprehend the differences from the website and I wanted to see, what is being  put in there. To hopefully get a clue.

Heh, yeh, that would do it.  WRKOBJDIR is something you can legitimately set, it's where all of the work areas live.

WRKDIR is not something you can set as a user, it is a per-package variable pointing to the work area that the package, and that package only, uses.

So effectively you were trying to build mktools with digest's (or whichever package you were trying to build first) work area and settings, and that's not going to end well ;)

Thanks again very much for the explanation! Also much more comprehendable than eventually looking into directories anyway.