Re: ffmpeg6 and SSP?

On Tue, 14 Nov 2023 11:30:27 +0000
Patrick Welche <prlw1%welche.eu@localhost> wrote:

> Userland was built with MKUPDATE=yes - maybe I didn't rebuild whichever
> library should contain the extern definition of __ssp_protected_read ?

Same problem with a clean userland build. I'll also note it doesn't
work to override _FORTIFY_SOURCE with CFLAGS in pkgsrc, because SSP is
enforced through wrappers. Minimal reproducer:

#define _FORTIFY_SOURCE 2
#include <unistd.h>
ssize_t (*myread)(int d, void *buf, size_t nbytes);
int main(void) {
	char c;
	myread = &read;
	return myread(STDIN_FILENO, &c, sizeof(c));
}