Re: url2pkg python package issues

On Thu, Nov 02, 2023 at 02:57:31PM +0100, Niclas Rosenvik wrote:
> searching on the internet for bdist_wheel turns up a stackoverflow post
> with an error message like yours, it claims you also need the wheel
> package. py-wheel is in devel/py-wheel in pkgsrc.

Thanks for looking it up.

I just reverted all the changes and sticking to the baseline one, which
had a dist file download problem. I downloaded that manually and got away
with it.

May be it will be solved by manually installing py-wheel. But so far in
the thread I already had to do 3 or 4 things manually, which I guess,
should be fixed in the infrastructure.

Besides, url2pkg might want to look at egg / wheel / at least a TODO
suggestion (at the start of this thread).

--
Mayuresh