Re: audio/csound6 and devel/sdl12-compat failing on Darwin (macOS 14.0)

Am Mittwoch 25 Oktober 2023 um 6:06:24 -0700, schrieb Jason Bacon 3,7K:
> Another possibility to consider is that pkgsrc is right and upstream is
> wrong.  Perhaps it actually *should* generate .so files rather than .dylib
> for loadable modules?  It might be easier to patch the code to look for .so,
> rather than patch the build to generate .dylib.  I'm not saying this is the
> case, just that I would investigate it.

Upstream says, they look for .dylib (Top/csmodule.c:707) and never
tested the function of csound with bundles, but I just blatantly renamed
librtjack.so to librtjack.dylib, et voilà: sound output (after starting
jackd, of course) :-) As it seems, you were right; now, as far a I
understand, I can rename the .so in lib/csound/plugins64-6.0/ or create
a patch for named C file; I'll test the patch first and if I can't yield
results, I'll take the re-naming route; will push to wip/csound6181.

Thank you for your time!

Kind regards.