Re: Qt6 (x11/qt6-qtbase) fails to build with gcc12 (__extendhfsf2, __truncsfhf2)

* On 2023-10-08 at 12:30 BST, Rhialto wrote:

gcc_s.so is part of gcc12-12.3.0.tgz, not of gcc12-libs-12.3.0nb1.tgz.

It should be part of both, and then if you enable USE_PKGSRC_GCC_RUNTIME, packages will link against the one from gcc12-libs. That is the whole point of the -libs packages.

There has been quite a lot of churn in the GCC packages over the last couple of years which I disagree with, and which is why I now use my own, and as probably the biggest user of USE_PKGSRC_GCC_RUNTIME it may just be that bugs introduced recently haven't been noticed until now whereas previously I'd have noticed very quickly and had to fix it.

In summary here's what should happen:

 * gccXX contains everything.

 * gccXX-libs contains copies of any libraries from gccXX that may be
   required at runtime by any programs that are built with gccXX.

 * USE_PKGSRC_GCC_RUNTIME enables custom specs that link against the
   paths from gccXX-libs and changes the DEPENDS from gccXX to
   gccXX-libs.

 * Binary package sets with USE_PKGSRC_GCC_RUNTIME then only depend on
   the significantly smaller gccXX-libs, and gccXX is only required at
   build time.

--
Jonathan Perkin   -   mnx.io   -   pkgsrc.smartos.org
Open Source Complete Cloud   www.tritondatacenter.com