Re: Using "native" rust?

Jan Danielsson <jan.m.danielsson%gmail.com@localhost> writes:

> Hello,
>
>    In order to avoid unnecessary wear and tear of my SSD's, I build my
>    packages in a ram drive.  But since a while back whenever rust is
>    pulled in as a dependency my ram drive runs out of space.
>
>    Is there any way to get pkgsrc to use the rust version already
>    installed (in PATH)?
>
>    (Using macOS with a fixed ram disk size).

Yes, of course there is :-)

  Create a builtin.mk, and adapt the mk files to use native, if it is
  the same version as pkgsrc.

  Debug all those issues.

  Add a way to use it even if not the right version, if it is good
  enough per the package.

  Figure out if there are ABI issues from mixed, and issues with
  packages not declaring a min version that need it.  Fix all those.

Which is another way of saying "no"!