Re: rust-bin fails on netbsd-9 i386

>> Normally as I recall I have a habit of using the cross-built bits
>> (from a NetBSD/amd64 10.0-ish system), which doesn't end up with
>> a dynamic dependency on LLVM or gcc from pkgsrc.  I'll admit that
>> I can't off-hand recall why I did it that way this time around...
>
> How are we going to to fix it?   We should fix it and pullup to the
> branch before applying any other rust changes.

Agreed.  I can time-travel using git, and re-cross-build the i386
bits, and it should be fairly smooth sailing from there onwards.

Sorry for the mishap.

> Is it feasible to have a spearate bootstrap for 8 and for 9/10, and
> would the built-on-9 version be ok?

Hmm...  Maybe.  There may have been an issue caused by GCC_REQD+=
setting which triggered the current situation.  My memory is a
little hazy about that, and my records don't tell.  I'll keep
that in mind.  It's not impossible, I've done so for powerpc
earlier, except by now I've basically abandoned rust for powerpc
8.0...

Regards,

- Håvard