Re: changing default python version to 3.11?

Greg Troxel <gdt%lexort.com@localhost> writes on 29 June 2023:

> Adam <adam%netbsd.org@localhost> writes:
>
>> By the way, maybe Python 3.11 should be the default from now on?
>
> If it is going to change before the next branch (which I expect I am
> managing), then I would prefer that to happen in July, on the general
> principle of having changes that might be troublesome further away from
> branch start, if there's no good reason for them to be later.
>
> [details snipped]
>
> So by the "really close to as many packages building" it seems that
> moving to 3.11 is ok.
>
> Other thoughts?  (Especially anybody who sees trouble I missed!)

There have been no comments objecting to moving the default to 3.11
after 3.5 weeks and one positive comment.

So if you want to change the default (in July), that's fine with me.

(I've never flipped the python default and I am not personally this
minute up to owning the fallout, although I'll try to help fix things.)