Re: url2pkg remark: # TODO: Migrate MASTER_SITES to MASTER_SITE_PYPI

Mayuresh writes:
> On Mon, Jul 24, 2023 at 11:01:13AM +0200, Leonardo Taccari wrote:
> >  MASTER_SITES= ${MASTER_SITE_PYPI:=f/foobar/}
> > instead of (I guess) much more complex and not so nice URL.
>
> url2pkg creates
>
>     MASTER_SITES=   ${MASTER_SITE_GITHUB:=byuccl/}
>
> Is it suggesting to use MASTER_SITE_PYPI instead of MASTER_SITE_GITHUB?
> Why, if so?
> [...]

Because - at least in my experience, sometimes (I forgot though the
packages, sorry!) - the release published on PyPi contains more files
(some that are generated only for releases were present only on PyPi
and that can be problematic) than the one published on GitHub.

There are probably possible other reasons too to stick with PyPi
instead of GitHub releases. Maybe others can help as well to shed more
light here!