Re: math/R: link issue

On 7/7/23 07:58, Chavdar Ivanov wrote:
On Thu, 6 Jul 2023 at 23:50, Chavdar Ivanov <ci4ic4%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:

On Thu, 6 Jul 2023 at 23:46, Chavdar Ivanov <ci4ic4%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:

Get rid of devel/gettext-lib.

I finished building it - when I got the first message of missing
symbols, I removed manually all /usr/pkg/lib/libintl* - it continued
for a while, until it failed because of the lack of those files - so I
restored them, and it continued up until the end. Weird....

But then I am getting:
demo()

  *** caught segfault ***
address 0x610, cause 'memory not mapped'

Traceback:
  1: tolower(x$title)
  2: paste("R", tolower(x$title))
  3: file.show(outFile, delete.file = TRUE, title = paste("R", tolower(x$title)))
  4: print.packageIQR(x)
  5: (function (x, ...) UseMethod("print"))(x)

Otherwise, it seems to work.

That's probably because some of the compiled objects refer to GNU libintl and some refer to the base libintl. While they are API-compatible they are ABI incompatible. Mixing them in a single executable will cause a segfault like that.