Re: devel/got-portable: build failure on Darwin, if ossp-uuid is linked

Manuel Kuklinski <mk%asdfghasdfgh.de@localhost> writes:

> I'm new to pkgsrc, but I noticed that devel/got-portable fails to build
> on Darwin, if devel/ossp-uuid is linked.

Thanks for the report

> If I change the uuid library to devel/libuuid, devel/got-portable builds
> fine. I don't have committing acces to pkgsrc and the maintainer hasn't
> replied, so I'm writing to this list, in the hope, someone may fix this,
> not only for this sole user, writing this e-mail...

It's really hard to tell what's wrong and why changing the library would
be the right thing to do.

You didn't explain what went wrong.  Does the build of ossp-uuid fail,
or does got-portable fail even though a successful build of ossp-uuid is
installed?

What does upstream say about the preferred dependenciess?