Re: package updates for 10.0

On Mon, 3 Jul 2023 at 12:24, nia <nia%netbsd.org@localhost> wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 03, 2023 at 01:50:55AM +0000, Bruno Melo wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Why amd64 packages for the last 2 pkgsrc releases were not generated for 10.0 branch? I can find for 8 and 9, but 10.0 last update was in Dec-2022.
> >
> > Here it is http://cdn.netbsd.org/pub/pkgsrc/packages/NetBSD/amd64/
>
> I did not build them. I am waiting for OpenSSL 3 to be pulled up to
> 10, because it isn't useful building packages if the ABI is going
> to immediately break.

Ah, but that pullup is due on a NetBSD "immediately" :-p

 It's going to be a flag day for anyone running netbsd-10, but as we
are still making older netbsd-10 binary packages which people are
using, it makes some sense to build updated ones...

It's probably one of those cases where as soon as you give in and
actually make packages available for netbsd-10, openssl3 will finally
be enabled in netbsd-10, but then that will be good, as we'll have
openssl3 in netbsd-10 :)

David