Re: Bootstrap failures on Solaris 10 1/13

On 2023-07-01 07:50, Greg Troxel wrote:
Attempting to bootstrap on Solaris 10 1/13 with the system GCC 3.4.3 (/usr/sfw/bin) fails:

Wow, welcome to 2004!

Thanks!

There may be a difference between using it as the shell when
intentionally invoked from pkgsrc and just running ./configure which is
a script that has its own #! line.  If that's true (and I am
*guessing*), then it could perhaps be overridden.  Try changing it to
/usr/bin/sh in files/configure before bootstrapping.

Your message got me to read things more closely; at first I tried adding CONFIG_SHELL=/bin/bash but no dice. I then found that the shell used for calling that configure script is different than the bootstrap_sh for whatever reason. Adding `shprog=/usr/bin/bash` inside the if block where bash is checked for on SunOS allowed things to proceed.

===> bootstrap started: Sat Jul  1 12:11:42 EDT 2023
===> bootstrap ended:   Sat Jul  1 12:28:41 EDT 2023

Yay! Perhaps this change should be made.

Vivianne