Re: OT(?): "Portage Prefix" vs pkgsrc on Linux

On 6/30/23, 06:48, "pkgsrc-users-owner%NetBSD.org@localhost <mailto:pkgsrc-users-owner%NetBSD.org@localhost> on behalf of Ottavio Caruso" <pkgsrc-users-owner%NetBSD.org@localhost <mailto:pkgsrc-users-owner%NetBSD.org@localhost> on behalf of ottavio2006-usenet2012%yahoo.com@localhost <mailto:ottavio2006-usenet2012%yahoo.com@localhost>> wrote:

Not expecting replies, so I won't be disappointed. And sorry for the
possible OT.

Has anybody ever used Portage Prefix:
on any platforms? It looks a lot like pkgsrc unprivileged installation.

Well, I explored it a little back in 2014.  It felt somewhat kludgey at the time, and my examination was only superficial.  I don't recall actually trying to build anything with it.

--
Iain
This script takes care of everything:

Otherwise there's a manual bootstrap:
https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Project:Prefix/Manual_Bootstrap <https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Project:Prefix/Manual_Bootstrap>

Haven't tried it yet, but I wonder if anybody has any experience with that.

--
Ottavio Caruso