Re: TeXlive 2023 vulnerability

tlaronde%polynum.com@localhost writes:

> The formatting of my message was ambiguous. The:
>
>> > May 13, 2023
>> >     I privately emailed the vulnerability details to the security
>> > contacts for Ubuntu, Debian, Arch, Gentoo, Fedora, RHEL, OpenSUSE/SLES,
>> > FreeBSD, OpenBSD, texlive.net, and Overleaf.
>> >     texlive.net is patched.
>
> is a quote from the link above. The 'I' in there is not me but
> "Max Chernoff" (if I understand correctly from the link).

Thanks, that is what I was guessing.

> And neither FreeBSD nor OpenBSD use TeX as formatting (doc or manpage)
> handling, but provide indirectly TeX with an opt package system, the
> same as NetBSD.

Yes, but unlike FreeBSD and OpenBSD ports which are part of the systems
in a tighter way, pkgsrc is a separate project (under TNF) with scope
larger than NetBSD, which is what I was trying to say.

> So it's rather disturbing because I don't consider NetBSD "obscure"
> enough to not be granted the same treatment as the other two BSDs---or
> the myriad of Linuces, BTW.

Complaints are probably directed other than to the choir!

But, homebrew, macports, fink, guix, are all also missing.