Re: boost-libs on macOS Ventura (13.x)

On 5/22/23 14:13, Adam wrote:
FYI, I can't reproduce this on macOS 13.4, Xcode 14.3.

Adm

amd64 or aarch64?

aarch64

I just upgraded from 13.3.1 to 13.4 and still get the error.

Also, I have Xcode command-line tools only.

Darwin tarpon.local  bacon ~/Pkgsrc/pkgsrc/devel/boost-libs 1014:
(pkgsrc): xcode-select --version
xcode-select version 2397.

What's in your mk.conf?

Not a whole lot.

Are you seeing the error messages regarding --std=c++14 in the terminal
output?  I get them on x86 12.x also, but the build completes anyway, as
if it's not catching the non-zero exit status.

# Example /Users/bacon/Pkgsrc/pkg/etc/mk.conf file produced by
bootstrap-pkgsrc
# Tue May 16 17:23:57 CDT 2023

.ifdef BSD_PKG_MK       # begin pkgsrc settings

PKGSRC_COMPILER=        clang
CC=                     clang
CXX=                    clang++
CPP=                    ${CC} -E
CLANGBASE=              /usr

UNPRIVILEGED=           yes
PKG_DBDIR=              /Users/bacon/Pkgsrc/pkg/pkgdb
LOCALBASE=              /Users/bacon/Pkgsrc/pkg
SYSCONFBASE=            /Users/bacon/Pkgsrc/pkg/etc
VARBASE=                /Users/bacon/Pkgsrc/pkg/var
PKG_TOOLS_BIN=          /Users/bacon/Pkgsrc/pkg/sbin
PKGINFODIR=             info
PKGMANDIR=              man

# WARNING: Changing PREFER_* after bootstrap will require rebuilding all
# packages with a dependency that switched between native/pkgsrc.
PREFER_PKGSRC=          yes

TOOLS_PLATFORM.sh?=             /Users/bacon/Pkgsrc/pkg/bin/mksh
TOOLS_PLATFORM.awk?=            /Users/bacon/Pkgsrc/pkg/bin/nawk
TOOLS_PLATFORM.sed?=            /Users/bacon/Pkgsrc/pkg/bin/nbsed

.endif                  # end pkgsrc settings

.ifdef BSD_PKG_MK       # Begin auto-pkgsrc-setup customizations

# For pkg_chk, etc.
PKGSRCDIR=              /Users/bacon/Pkgsrc/pkgsrc
X11_TYPE=               modular
PKGSRC_USE_RELRO=       yes
PKGSRC_FORTRAN=         gfortran
PKG_DEVELOPER=          yes
SKIP_LICENSE_CHECK=     yes
PKG_OPTIONS.libfetch=   inet6 openssl
MAKE_JOBS=              8

.endif                  # End auto-pkgsrc-setup customizations